You are receiving this email because you have worked, or are intending to work in the future, on projects related to education in Iraq.
UNESCO is presently trying to gather information about NGOs in Iraq that are working on education related activities. We are soon going to launch a new educational initiative for literacy and Non Formal-Education that will support the Government of Iraq in launching a National Literacy Campaign.
One of our objectives is to strengthen coordination among all stakeholders working in Education and Literacy as well as to implement capacity building programs targeting NGOs in Iraq. To this end we will be collecting information that will help us in setting up a coordination mechanism among interested partners.
We would appreciate if you could send a brief summary about your organization to us before 31 March 2010, and according to the following guidelines:
- Background Information ( Please include name, foundation date, mission, Recognition by Iraqi Authorities)
- Target Beneficiaries (women, youth, children, ect.)
- Geographical Areas of Intervention (Governorate, District)
- Partnerships (Please specify collaboration you have with Iraqi Ministries, UN Agencies and NGOs international or national)
- Brief Description of Ongoing and Past Projects (Please specify activities and areas of intervention: life-skill training, informal education, literacy, early childhood education, primary, secondary, higher education, etc.)
Please send an email with above information to:
Ms. Jessica Hjarrand, Education Project Officer, UNESCO Iraq Office
Mr. Alberto Biancoli, Education Project Manager, UNESCO Iraq Office